COBRA, HIPAA & Retiree Benefits Administration
The BenefitReady® system automates the COBRA, HIPAA, and Retiree Administration process with rules-based logic and auto-calculating and auto-populating dates and timelines. This robust system functionality is updated regularly to ensure compliance as legislative and client needs change.
Features At A Glance
- Full-Service Administration - From start to finish, OutsourceOne will execute your entire COBRA and HIPAA Administration. This includes the transfer of current and pending participants upon implementation, election period administration, participant payment collection, dependent COBRA Administration, Carrier eligibility management, monthly participant reporting, and more.
- Live Customer Service - Participants always have access to a dedicated 1-800 COBRA Hotline where they can speak directly with their COBRA representative.
- Online Access for HR - Client can run real-time reports in .xls or .pdf to review all COBRA processing and payment activity, and can look up individual participants too.
- Online Access for Participants - Full access to the important notice and eligibility dates, payment history, and communication materials.
- Initial Rights Notices - BenefitReady® identifies all new hires in each billing cycle and mails their initial COBRA rights notice to their home address as required by law.
- Automated QE Notice Generation - BenefitReady® identifies all employee terminations and dependent status change transactions which triggers a COBRA Qualifying Event notice and appropriate election form based upon employee's current benefit elections and dependents covered.
- Open Enrollment - OS1 manages the benefits open enrollment process by sending forms and communication materials to all participants and pending participants.
- Eligibility Administration - COBRA election forms are returned directly to OS1, carriers and vendors are updated regularly with current adds, terminations, and changes.
- Premium Administration - COBRA payment coupons are mailed to the participant with complete detail on monthly premium due including severance or subsidy amounts. As payments are received, OS1 credits the participant's account, and forwards payment to vendor and/or client.